Level III Steel Ballistic Armor
$49.99 – $61.95
Economical Ballistic Protection
All Ballistipax body armor is tested to meet the highest standards of ballistic resistance, performance, and reliability. Our stand-alone armor plates are compatible for use with any plate carrier designed to accept standard NIJ sizes. The Ballistipax Survivor-1 concealed tactical backpack will also accept standard NIJ sized armor in both the front and rear plate carrier compartments. All Ballistipax body armor is proudly made in the USA.
- Stand alone armor plate with multiple hit capability
- Manufactured from certified AR-500 steel core with a Brinell Hardness Rating of 505-518 BHN.
- Curved plate is formed on a custom CNC laser—not plasma—cutting table.
- Plate is bent on a custom laser cut die set with single radius bend on a custom built, computer controlled, hydraulic press guaranteeing a perfectly formed plate.
- Plate core is chemically washed and etched on the strike surface to eliminate the coating from delaminating when shot (thereby keeping shrapnel from escaping from the armored assembly).
- Fully encapsulated base coated with super strong hybrid polyurea for the protection of the steel against corrosion, chemicals, and sweat
- Complies with Ballistic Resistance of Body Armor NIJ Standard-0101.06
- Rated for up to six strikes from 7.62 x 51/.308 at 2780 ft/s at 15 meters
- 20-year lifespan
- Fully tested by Independent Lab
- Threat protection: Level III
- Shape: Rectangular or Shooter’s Cut, Single Curve
- Outer material color: Black, base coat only
|Shooters Cut||Plate Weight|